Monday, August 26, 2013

More Summer Crafts

So, I've been getting a lot done this summer (at least now that I've finished working).  Here's some of what I've been working on...



First of all, here are the promised pictures of my Gandalf scarf.  It turned out well, and the blocking took out most of the issues caused by knocking the loom off the table while warping it.  Twice.




 I finished off the last of my fleece stash making winter hats to donate along with the blankets from last time.



I made the Sprong Moebius, which was lots of fun.  The moebius cast-on is great-- I was amazed by how it worked out.



And, I finally finished my Avatar: The Four Elements, which I've been working on for going on 3 years.  This is actually the project that messed up my arm-- after crocheting 5,000 stitches, playing 8 hours of The Sims 3, and building a bookshelf in the course of three days last winter break, I've been left with some sort of carpal tunnel/tendinitis in my right hand/wrist/elbow that makes it hard for me to craft as much as I used to.  I've gotten used to it, though, and am slowly getting back up to my old speed.  I'm just thankful to have finally finished this!

For more pictures/details, check out the Ravelry page here.

We're working on painting the craft room now (the last bit of the renovation I mentioned a while ago)-- hopefully pictures will follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment