Sunday, February 2, 2014

Updates...

So, it's been a little while.  School has started again, and I don't have much time for crafting, but I can show you some of what I've been working on since last time.

The Etsy shop is currently closed for reorganization, but will be opening again fairly soon.  I'm working on some new gauntlets and a couple doll outfits, so expect those sometime this month or next.

I've received several questions about a crochet version of my gauntlet pattern, so I've started work on designing one, and it will be posted on Ravelry when I'm finished.

Now for some pictures!

These are my Rangers of Ithilien Gauntlets, made for the Fingerless Glove Fanatics June knit-along, though I didn't finish until September.  I can never resist Lord of the Rings-themed patterns, as you'll see again shortly.


I made and sold a replacement pair of gauntlets for a customer who damaged his in a biking accident-- he said that they protected his arms!  I guess they really do work.


Here is the new carrying bag I made for our air mattress-- the old one was falling apart.  So, I took it apart, used the old pieces as a pattern, and stitched this up.  Luckily, I was able to use the original strap and drawstring.


I finished the blanket I mentioned a few posts ago, that I had inherited pieces of.  It turned out pretty well, and I had enough of the squares left to make another similar one, as well.


I also finally had a chance to make this pencil bag, inspired by a photo-tutorial found on Pinterest.  It was literally painfully cute as I was making it, but I was a little bit disappointed with how big it turned out.  It was perfect for last term, since I needed to carry my clicker to class everyday, but it's much too big for only pens and pencils.  If I make another one, I need to cut down my pattern piece.



Here's another pair of gauntlets that was requested.  This one has a Goron symbol on one hand.


And now back to the LotR.  My dad taught a course on heroism and Tolkien last term, so I made this for his TA for Christmas.  She loved it (I did too).


Finally, here's my His Golden Lair.  This was a very interesting knit, with patterning on every row, so it never got boring.  I wore it twice when we went to The Desolation of Smaug (I think I forgot the third time...).


I also made some other things as Christmas presents and charity donations, but I don't have any pictures of them.  Hope everyone had a good holiday, and I'll try to post news again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment